You probably have some honey in your cabinet right now and you’ve probably even heard of some of the benefits of using it. Maybe you try to add some to your coffee or tea once in a while because you’ve heard it’s good for you but there are more health benefits from honey than you have heard.
In fact, it has been used around the world for hundreds of years and scientists have only recently begun to find out why.
The Beauty of All-Natural Honey
Although honey isn’t suitable for infants because a bacteria that is in honey isn’t filtered out by their digestive system, it is perfect for adults and it is produced by honey bees in most countries. They turn the nectar of flowers into honey which is much sweeter than sugar and can be used for coffee, tea or just about any purpose.
It is also the perfect sweetener because it doesn’t contain aspartame like some artificial sweeteners and if taken correctly, doesn’t affect the blood sugar of diabetics. Even better, honey is accepted by medical professionals today as having proven medical benefits.
Here are ten of the unknown benefits of adding a little honey to your diet.
1. Mixing honey with water and cinnamon to make a paste can be massaged into areas that are affected by arthritis for immediate pain relief.
2. Honey can help to reduce the germs that cause bladder infections if you ingest it. Mix it with water and cinnamon.
3. Believe it or not, both bone cancer and stomach cancer have been shown to respond to treatment by honey if you take it correctly. The dose is three times daily for 90 days.
4. You probably head straight to the medicine cabinet when you have a cold, but if you reach for a jar of honey instead you could be over your cold in three days, the healthy way.
5. Honey paste mixed with olive oil that has been heated can be made into a paste that can be used on the scalp and it will prevent hair loss.
6. Honey is an effective treatment for indigestion and acid reflux as long as you take it about twenty minutes before you eat.
7. If you want to try something all-natural for impotence and infertility, the eastern part of the world has been using honey and cinnamon powder for all kinds of sexual and reproductive disorders.
8. Honey is also something that can extend your life, as well as reduce some of the signs of aging, according to eastern medicine.
9. It may seem counterintuitive, but brushing with honey and cinnamon powder can actually be effective when it comes to treating dental pain. Brush the affected area three times a day to keep the pain from coming back.
10. Finally, mixing honey and cinnamon powder with hot water and drinking it first thing in the morning before breakfast and at night just before bed can keep fat from being stored in the body and help with weight loss.