Who doesn’t like a nice hunk of bread? We all enjoy the chewiness, warmth and crustiness, but then we think about the whole gluten thing and the enjoyment is over.
People are finally becoming aware of the damaging effects of eating gluten-rich foods, such as bread.
Gluten sensitivity includes symptoms like constipation, bloating, foggy mind, depression, fatigue, abdominal pain, headaches, diarrhea, and ADHD.
If you are aware of these symptoms, but you are a bread lover and simply you can’t control that, we have the perfect solution for you – Coconut Flour Bread!
Benefits of Coconut Flour Bread
1. Coconut Flour
- Gluten and grain-free
- High in fiber
- Low in sugar
- An excellent source of healthy fats essential for energy
- Has a high nutrient density
- Boosts your immune system
- Rich in high quality protein
- Good source of selenium, vitamin D, B6, B12 and minerals such as iron, zinc, and copper
3. Grass-Fed Butter
- Contains butyrate, an anti-inflammatory fatty acid
- A great source of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin A, D, E, and K2, manganese, zinc, selenium, copper, and chromium
4. Coconut Milk
- Contains minerals essential for circulation and regulating blood flow
- Full of lauric acid, which has antiviral and antibacterial properties
- Provides calories for your brain
5. Raw Honey
- Promotes the growth of good bacteria in the intestines
- Contains natural antioxidants, enzymes, and minerals
- Has nutraceuticals that help neutralize free radicals
How to Make Coconut Flour Bread
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 whole eggs
- 3 eggs, separated
- 4-5 tbsp organic, grass-fed butter
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Organic, cold-pressed, unrefined virgin coconut oil
First, preheat the oven to 325 degree Fahrenheit. Use the coconut oil to lightly grease a loaf pan. With baking paper line the pan and spread another coating of oil.
Beat 3 egg whites with a handheld electric whisk until they become stiff. Use a food processor to mix 4 whole eggs, butter, 3 yolks, honey, and coconut milk.
Then, slowly add coconut flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until you get a thick batter.
Into a large mixing bowl, pour the batter and fold in the egg whites (from step 3). Place the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes at 325 F.
When the top gets brown, you should cover the loaf pan, reduce the heat to 275 and cook for 5-10 minutes more.
Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool (for an hour).
What you will use this bread for? Check out the following 3 healthy options:
- For a sweet and chocolately treat, spread on some homemade Nutella
- Also, you can make avocado toast. Just crush some avocado on toasted bread and add a pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper
- To create a quick lunch, place some sliced banana and homemade almond butter between the slices.