Apples are one of the healthiest fruits ever! However, one thing remains unclear. Is there a difference between organic apples or those of the conventional kind and which one is healthier?
So, today, you will finally find out everything you need to know about apples and which apples you should buy from now on!
Fresh Apples are Always Best
Forget about the junk food and try to consume more fresh apples. It doesn’t matter if an apple is organic or not because fresh apples are always a better alternative than processed foods.
Keep in mind that apples contain vitamins and fibers that supply your body with the nutrients it needs.
Fresh Apples with Less Pesticide
Recent studies claim that apples are most commonly contaminated with pesticide. The organic foods are more expensive compared to their regular counterparts.
So, it is difficult to recommend all of you to buy organic food the entire time. However, you should keep in mind that there are some foods that should be consumed organic.
According to the Environmental Working Group, some fruits and vegetables are highly contaminated by pesticides, including tomato, celery and leafy greens.
How do pesticides affect apples in orchards?
During the growing process, apple farmers spray pesticide on trees to guarantee a good harvest.
The pesticides used to nourish the growth process stick to the apple skin and after some time are absorbed. The high amount of pesticide seeps easily inside the fruit.
Top reasons why you should opt for organic apples
1. Pesticides are extremely harmful to our health. Pesticides have a responsibility to control pest growth or remove the incidence of pest invasion that may harm apple fruits.
Environmental Working Group and other government-based groups claim that pesticides are closely related to brain function.
Namely, they can cause serious health problems, including hormone imbalances, cancer, skin and respiratory irritation, brain and nervous toxicity, and ADHD.
2. Pesticides are extremely harmful to the health of apple growers. Apple trees that were sprayed with pesticide produce contaminated fruits.
According to a study, many migrant farm growers in California suffer from pesticide-related illnesses as a result of constant exposure to chemicals in pesticides, such as carbamates, inorganic compounds, organophosphates, and pyrethroids.
Apple farm growers are recommended to find alternative forms of pest controls.
3. Organic has a better taste! This applies to all fruits and vegetables. The taste and overall quality of apples mostly depend on the timing when the apple is harvested and the method by which apples are grown.
You will notice a huge difference between apples grown with pesticides and other harmful chemicals and organic apples.
4. Generally, fruits are expensive whether there are in season or otherwise. However, this is not the case with apples. They are affordable and can be bought at cheap prices even during the fall and winter season.
5. Apples contain beneficial nutrients and are one of the healthiest snacks that you can have. Apples have low sugar content and are an excellent source of fiber.
For example, green apples are high in dietary fibers and are extremely low in sugar. In other words, apples can make you feel fuller.
6. If you prefer sumptuous, low calorie meals, try to include apples in your cooking and baking. They are perfect additions to healthy meals, such as sandwiches, fruit salads, and muffins.