When you were a kid and spent a little too much time in the sun, what was it that your mother would put on you to ease the burn? You probably said aloe vera. The sap from this plant is highly regarded for its ability to cool the burn and ease the sting that is associated with a sun burn; however, that’s not all that aloe vera is good for.
As a matter of fact, aloe vera has a number of medicinal qualities that are extremely beneficial. Keep on reading to learn how to make your own aloe vera gel and what you can use it to treat.
How to Make Aloe Vera Gel
To make your own aloe vera gel at home, all you need is the following ingredients:
- 1/8 tsp citric acid
- 1 tblsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp vitamin E oil
- ¼ cup aloe vera plant insides
In order to make the gel, simply blend the aloe vera in a food processor and then add the rest of the ingredients and blend again. Once it is well blended, put the mixture into a clean jar with a lid.
That’s it! It really is as easy as that.
Use for Aloe Vera Gel
Once you have created your aloe vera gel, there are a number of ways that you can use it. Here’s a look at some of the different ways that it can be used.
- On cuts. If you have a cut or a scrape, apply a bit of aloe vera gel to it. The gel will ease the sting of the wound and will promote faster healing.
- Treat dandruff. If you have a dry scalp that is prone to dandruff or flaking, wash your hair with aloe vera gel. The properties of the gel will treat your dry skin, leaving your scalp refreshed and flake-free.
- Treat acne. If you have a break out or a blemish, apply a bit of aloe vera gel to the affected area. In no time, you’ll start to see those blemishes disappear.
- Firm the skin. Aloe vera can actually tighten the skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and making you look younger.
- Consume it. You can actually consume aloe vera gel. Put a little into a smoothie and you’ll notice an increase in your digestion. It’s also a great way to treat an upset stomach.
- Make your hair shiny. If your hair is dull and listless, apply a bit of the gel to it. It will give your hair a nice and healthy sheen.
- Wash off makeup. Aloe vera can also be used to remove makeup from your face. Just put a little on and you’ll see that makeup come right off.
With so many great uses, why wouldn’t you want to have aloe vera gel on hand?
Image Source: Wikihow