The traditions and customs of the Chinese are among the oldest on the planet, originating thousands of years ago. It has been dominant in East Asia, and this civilization has always been advanced, knowledgeable and wise, so they have left a valuable heritage that has been easing everyday life since ancient times.
Chinese culture is extremely diverse and varying, so it has had huge effects on the philosophy, virtue, etiquette, and traditions of numerous countries around the world up to date.
According to Vision Times:
“Chinese culture is important, as it plays a significant role in defining every aspect of a Chinese individual’s life. This includes the way the individual conducts business, how one treats the family and elders, how responsibilities are distributed in a family, and so forth.
As a result, understanding Chinese culture and its influence on society is just as important. China, in the last decade or so, is being increasingly noticed by the rest of the world.
Although there are mixed reviews about the growing Chinese influence on the world, there are certain positives to take out of Chinese culture, too. This is important, as the world, at large, is being introduced to Chinese culture as well.
According to an article on Carnegie-Tsinghua Center For Global Policy:
“The cultural values of a country influence, its national psychology, and identity… the traditional cultural values that influence the psyche of the Chinese people are harmony, benevolence, righteousness, courtesy, wisdom, honesty, loyalty, and filial piety.”
The following 10 wise Chinese proverbs will have a huge influence on the way to see life, so check them out:
1. “The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.”
Take small steps that will lead you to your big dreams. Work tirelessly every day, and be persistent, and success will come along.
2. “Great winds are powerless to disturb the water of a deep well.”
If you are happy with who you are, nothing and no one can ruin your happiness.
3. “A person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.”
You might be skeptical and negative, but you should never persuade someone to give up.
4. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
Rushing things can often be a mistake, and you should take your time and work hard and slowly to achieve your goals.
5. “One happiness scatters a thousand sorrows.”
There are times when bad things happen more frequently, but happiness and positivity have a much bigger power than sadness, and those feelings will have a stronger impact on you.
6. “Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.”
You need to find your own peace and enjoy calmness, and it is the only way to enjoy every single minute in life.
7. “An invisible thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break. May you be open to each thread that comes into your life, the golden ones and coarse ones- and may you weave them into a brilliant and beautiful life.”
Every relationship has its aim and teaches us a lesson, but you should never be afraid and open to new opportunities, as live will eventually find all of us.
8. “You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent them from making a nest in your hair.”
We cannot avoid all the things we would like, but it is important to do our best to prevent negative thoughts from accumulating in our mind.
9. “He who sacrifices his conscience to ambition burns a picture to obtain the ashes”.
You will never achieve anything in case you are too blind by your ambition and forget about what is right.
10. “Everyone sees the violence of the swollen river. Few see the violence of the embankments that constrain it.”
Try to keep your mind and eyes open and never judge according to what you see on the surface.