Aloe Vera has been used since ancient times. It finds great application as a natural remedy and people have used it to relieve pain and inflammation caused by burns, especially sunburns. But, how much do you really know about the real potential of this plant?
We give you 10 reasons to use it more often:
1. Vitamin bomb
- B1 (thiamin) – takes part in the metabolic function, especially in the metabolism of carbs.
- B2 (riboflavin) – takes part in the synthesis of vitamins (other B vitamins too). Enhances digestion and boosts metabolism.
- B3 (niacin) – lowers bad cholesterol and triglyceride levels while boosting the good cholesterol. It’s essential for the function of your liver, kidneys, heart and intestines.
- B6 (pyridoxal phosphate) – takes part in the metabolism of amino acids and the release of glucose from stored glycogen in liver and muscles.
- C (ascorbic acid) – it acts as an antioxidant, improves the production of collagen and takes part in the enzymatic reactions.
- B9 (folate) – the body needs it for the synthesis and repair of DNA and for the production of red blood cells.
- A (beta-carotene) – it’s a potent antioxidant important for your vision. It also lowers the risk of developing breast and ovarian cancer.
- Calcium important for bone density, mental health, muscular function, vascular health. This mineral also prevents the development of osteoporosis in menopausal women.
- Zinc optimizes the immune function and takes part in one hundred enzymatic functions.
- Copper it’s of utmost importance for cardiovascular system, especially for the transport and use of oxygen in the blood.
- Iron your body needs it for the transport of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the blood.
- Potassium it’s essential for the brain and the functions of the nervous system. It also regulates the levels of bodily fluids.
- Magnesium takes part in hundreds of enzymatic processes. This includes the synthesis of DNA and RNA. Magnesium also improves the energy transfer in your body.
3. Essential amino acids
- Lysine takes part in the production of elastin and collagen, making your skin healthy and younger-looking
- Valine gives energy and regenerates cells in muscle tissue.
- Methionine optimizes liver function and promotes cardiovascular health.
- Leucine increases the growth of muscles and boosts their function. Combine it with Biotin.
- Isoleucine enhances the digestion of fatty acids and normalizes the levels of blood glucose. Combine it with Biotin.
- Phenylalanine acts as an analgesic and antidepressant.
- Histidine has a key role in many enzymatic functions. It’s also important for the respiration.
- Glutamine acid has an important role in cellular metabolism.
Fresh Aloe Vera juice helps with the treatment of digestive problems. It soothes burned skin and works in the same way with the lining of the stomach. When consumed moderately, Aloe Vera juice IBS and other disorders. Use it to heal stomach ulcers and boost the good bacteria in your gut.
The juice blocks the growth of bacteria, fungi, germs and other microorganisms. Sulphur, salicylic acid, cinnamic acid, lupeol, phenol, and urea nitrogen are of great help in the process.
6. Immune system
Polysaccharides in Aloe Vera optimize the immune function in the body. Drink the juice to prevent disease. Vitamin C is also important for the immune system, and it fights viral and bacterial attacks.
7. Fatty acids
Aloe Vera juice has three plant sterols:
- Lupeol has strong anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-protozoal, anti-tumor, and chemopreventive properties.
- Campesterol lowers the absorption of cholesterol in the gut.
- Beta-sitosterol lowers LDL (bad) cholesterol and helps in the treatment of some type of cancer.
Aloe Vera also has linoleic, linolenic, oleic, stearic, palmitic, myristic, and caprylic acids.
8. Powerful detoxifier
Aloe Vera has a gelatinous nature, and it cleanses as it goes through the gastrointestinal tract. It has a few minerals ions that help the body to transport and regulate fluids. Consume Aloe Vera juice to get rid of toxins through sweating.
9. Elevate pH value
Acidosis is a condition in which pH values in the body go really low. It increases the risk of infections, fatigue, loss of appetite and disorientation. That’s why you need to elevate your pH values. Minerals in Aloe Vera have an alkalizing effect, and you can use it to treat mild acidosis.
10. Skin and hair health
Aloe Vera has great benefits for your skin and hair. It’s an excellent moisturizer with strong antioxidant power. This helps the gel eliminate the early signs of aging.
Polysaccharides in Aloe Vera boost the activity of microphages in blood stream which fights off infection and accelerates the healing of wounds. Aloe Vera also stimulates the production of collagen. Amino acids in Aloe Vera gel increase the energy your body needs for cell regeneration.
Thanks to its antimicrobial effect, Aloe Vera fights off scalp infections and prevents hair loss. Vitamins in Aloe Vera makes your skin and hair healthy.
Use Aloe Vera in moderation. Consult your doctor before using any treatment.