Bacteria are the cause of numerous diseases and ailments, and despite all the advancements in modern medicine, the most common therapy used to fight bacteria includes antibiotics.
HealthLine explains :
“Antibiotics are prescription drugs that help treat infections caused by bacteria. Some of the more common infections treated with antibiotics include bronchitis, pneumonia, and urinary tract infections.
Antibiotics work by killing the bacteria causing the infection or by stopping the bacteria from growing and multiplying. Antibiotics only work to treat bacterial infections.
They don’t work for infections caused by viruses, which can include the common cold, runny nose, most coughs and bronchitis, most sore throats, and the flu. So if your doctor doesn’t prescribe an antibiotic for your cold, there’s a good reason for it — it won’t work!
There are many different groups, or classes, of antibiotics. All of these classes have side effects, which typically affect men and women in the same way. However, certain side effects are more common in some antibiotics than in others.”
Antibiotics often lead to adverse effects like upset stomach, rashes, diarrhea, fungal infections, and soft stools, as well as vaginal infections, allergic reactions, stomach cramps, etc.
On the other hand, there are effective natural antibiotics you can use to destroy viruses and bacteria, without causing any of these side- effects.
Plant Essentials reports:
“Alternative therapy in the management of colds, flu, and conditions that impact daily wellness can prove most effective in developing balanced and strong immune systems.
The abuse of prescriptions is becoming a growing medical concern and often leads to specific bacteria becoming resistant to the prescribed drug. The results include the elimination of good bacteria and lengthy, complex treatment plans.
Natural solutions are widely available to provide the body with the resources that it needs to support recovery processes and to prevent infections from spreading.
The properties included in many plants and herbs such as vitamin C and antioxidants are effective in tending to a variety of conditions. With its traditional basis and lack of chemical exposure, there are more reasons to incorporate naturally based medicines.
The growth in antibiotic-resistant bacteria requires alternative solutions to address the growing medical problem.
Reliance on naturally based measures can aid in boosting immunity against contracting infections and as part of a health management plan to combat the spread of bacterial agents and complications in treatment.”
Therefore, here are the most powerful ones:
1. Garlic is one of the best natural antibiotics, with strong antiparasitic, antiviral and antifungal properties
2. Onions have phytochemical properties which fight germs, treat nausea, soothe pain, treat ear infections, high fever, and breathing issues.
3. Foods rich in Vitamin C, such as citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables, broccoli, berries, tomato peas, kiwi, bell peppers, papaya, destroy pathogens and boost the immune system
4. Apple cider vinegar effectively destroys Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus, fungi and yeast
5. Myrrh essential oil treats ulcers, asthma, colds, fungal infections, coughs, indigestion, spasms, leprosy, lung congestion, cancer, and syphilis.
6. Grapefruit seed extract is a great way to treat bacterial or viral infections.
7. Habañero and Horseradish are excellent in the case of flu, colds, and lung congestion, and destroy salmonella, Yersinia, and Escherichia coli.
8. Echinacea is a natural way to fight colds, flu, vaginal yeast infections, urinary tract and respiratory infections, herpes, swine flu, tonsillitis, nose and throat infections, infections, HPV, ear infections, warts, and typhoid.
9. Eucalyptus has potent immune-stimulatory, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, spasmolytic, and analgesic effects, and is of great help in the case of asthma, colds, the flu, and throat infections, bronchitis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
10. The stimulant, antifungal, and antiemetic, anti-diarrheal, anti-flatulent, and insecticidal properties of cinnamon fight bacteria, and the high levels of cinnamaldehyde and eugenol, destroy E. coli and MRSA.
11. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants, destroys viruses and bacteria, lowers cholesterol, and metabolizes blood sugar
12. Manuka Honey is a powerful natural antibiotic that destroys Helicobacter pylori, salmonella and Staphylococcus aureus
13. Ginger is one of the most effective ways to fight even the strongest antibiotic-resistant superbugs
14. Goldenseal is rich in berberine, and it strengthens the immune system, and treats colds, eye infections, vaginitis, urinary tract infections, diarrhea, and eye infections
Moreover, the following natural plants are powerful antibiotics as well:
- Bay leaf
- Chili peppers
Yet, Michele McRae, a certified nutritionist at Rainbow Light, a natural food-based supplement product leader, says:
“Foods and herbs have the effect of being gently supportive and part of a long-term health regime rather than a solution to acute infection.
Combining researched-based potencies of complementary herbal compounds for maximum efficacy can be effective as a remedy at the first hint of infection rather than after the infection has taken hold.
However, in the face of any type of infection, it’s important to see your healthcare practitioner to confirm a diagnosis and get the best course of treatment — whether that’s a traditional antibiotic or an herbal alternative.”