Recent statistics shows that 17 million US citizens struggle with depression. This is about 7% of the total population in the country, and this number definitely rings the alarm. Depression may lead to mental disorders, impairments and many other issues.
You can always receive a proper therapy, but nothing beats the power of talking to someone who has already been through it.
In this article, we give you 21 positivity quotes to help you overcome depression.
1. “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
That’s right. Depression hits you in waves, and sometimes you feel like winning. But, there are also times when you feel like a complete loser. Don’t stop.
Move forward, and don’t get discouraged by your emotions and lost battles. You may lose the battle, but you can always win the war.
2. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time, we fall.” – Confucius
Be resilient in battling depression, and get up after every fall. Learn how to recover from a bad day and an anxiety attack. Move forward. That’s your greatest success.
3. “Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.” -- Buddha
Forget about yesterday’s battle. Forget about your worries, and try to get the best of your day. You get a new chance every day. Use it wisely.
4. “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Confucius
Depression affects every aspect of your life and hurts your body and mind. You need to try really hard to beat it, but you won’t do it all at once. Go step by step. Keep fighting. Keep pushing. Make a step forward.
5. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
Weak souls can’t beat depression. Gain strength. Make a move forward, and accept your condition. That’s a good start. It means you are brave enough to move forward.
6. “The most beautiful people we know are those who have known defeat known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
Depression makes you stronger. Those who have fought it before are able to understand it better. Acknowledge your inner battles. Talk about your problem. You will be proud of yourself.
7. “Start by doing what’s necessary, then do what’s possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Saint Francis of Assisi
Be patient with yourself. Your soul and body need time to recover. Don’t push yourself hard, because you will end up suffering bigger pain. Make one step at a time, and accept the challenge. Your problems give you strength, remember?
8. “Smile, breathe, and go slowly.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
Your struggle with depression may last forever. It’s a long and exhausting process, but you have to keep moving. Every day will bring a new challenge, and you have to accept it. Don’t give up.
9. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” – Dan Millman
Depression can take you places you don’t want to visit. You may feel like your thoughts control you, but truth is, you can take this power away from them. You determine how your thinking affects your life. Remember that.
10. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” – Albert Einstein
Hope. Don’t let anything in this world kill your hope. Your hope is the strongest weapon you will ever get. Use it to fight depression. Hope for a better tomorrow to survive today’s episode.
11. “There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind.” -- C.S. Lewis
Train yourself to start thinking of better times. Hope for a happier tomorrow. Focus on positive things to overcome your bad day. Hope doesn’t cost a thing.
12. “You are not your illness.” – Julian Seifter
Depression will fill you up with sadness, hate and everything bad. Well, it doesn’t describe you. You aren’t depression. Talk about your condition, and fight it. It will go away eventually.
13. “You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” -- Buddha
Depression may destroy you if you give it enough power. Love yourself, and accept your problem. That’s the only way to avoid the dark clouds over your head.
14. “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” -- John Green
Hope is your strongest ally. It can help you survive bad times, and you will be able to control the chaos in your head.
15. “You’re like a grey sky. You’re beautiful, even though you don’t want to be.” – Jasmine Warga
Be aware of your self-worth. Remind yourself of your greatness every time you feel like disappearing. We are all beautiful and unique.
16. “Noble deeds and hot baths are the best cures for depression.” – Dodie Smith
Give back to society to feel better about yourself. Help someone in need to help yourself. This will help you feel better about yourself.
17. “Concern should drive us into action and not into a depression. No man is free who cannot control himself.” – Pythagoras
He was right. It’s really important that you regain control over your emotions. Don’t let your mind play games with you. A tiny reminder can help you “survive.”
18. “You don’t have to live a lie. Living a lie will mess you up. It will send you into depression. It will warp your values.” – Gilbert Baker
Where did your depression come from? Are you faking your lifestyle? This fake life can give you a depression. Stick to your values, and enjoy all the things life gives you.
19. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
Your depression may be a result of your attitude towards your past. Amit Ray believes that you have to let go of the past, otherwise you will never get rid of your depression.
20. “Life is ten percent what you experience and ninety percent how you respond to it.” – Dorothy M. Niedermeyer
You control your actions and attitude. Your mind is a powerful tool. Use it to battle depression.
21. “The pupil dilates in darkness and in the end finds light, just as the soul dilates in misfortune and in the end finds God.” – Victor Hugo
Stay positive in your darkest moments. There always something to give you strength. Stick to it. Think of all the good things in your life.
It’s really important that you become aware of your condition. Are you depressed?
If yes, you are one of 17 million Americans who struggle with depression. You don’t have to live with it. Use it to strengthen yourself. Think of good things everytime dark clouds hover above your head.
Print these quotes and read them every time you feel bad. Use your depression to become a better version of yourself.