This is a recipe from the old books on folk medicine, and it said to cure almost all diseases. It has been largely used in Spain, England and France.
Juicy blueberry and juniper berries are the base of this recipe. They are soaked in wine. In other words, this remedy is actually a kind of blueberry wine.
The home remedy is primarily used in the treatment of poor circulation and low blood count, headaches, dizziness, and other conditions associated with the head, like forgetfulness and memory problems.
Also, it is recommended to patients with cardiovascular problems. Similar blueberry drink was mentioned in the records found in London dating back to 1696.
The list of benefits provided by this home remedy is never-ending.
You need the following ingredients:
- ½ kg fresh blueberries (you can also use frozen)
- ½ kg juniper berries
- 1l good red wine (preferably homemade)
- ½ l strong domestic rakia (50% alcohol)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Wash the berries well, and put them in a Mason jar.
- Add the wine.
- Leave the jar in the fridge for 48 hours.
- Then add honey and sugar. Stir well so the honey and sugar dissolve.
- Leave the mixture for 7 days.
Your blueberry wine is ready for use. Do not strain.
Take 4 tablespoons of the remedy in the morning and before you go to bed. Make sure you eat a few of the berries. Chew them well.
Drink the wine for three days in a row, then make a two-day break.
Finish the whole dose.
Make another dose if necessary, and follow the same instructions. Use it until your health condition improves.