If you are dealing with arthritis pain or gout, but want to avoid meds, an alternative juice remedy may bring you some relief. A combination of super potent ingredients including pineapple and lime, this drink is a general health booster as well.
Aside from the two, the drink is also enriched in ginger and honey, both of which offer strong anti-inflammatory properties.
The drink at hand may be acidic in taste, but it is amazingly alkalizing to the body. Aside from eliminating arthritis and related body pains, this drink is also a great body cleanse.
In fact, here are some of the benefits of the ingredients used to make this extra-beneficial elixir:
- Pineapple – rich in vitamin C, bromelain and magnesium, all of which enhance the nerves, muscles, and digestion.
- Lime – packed with vitamin C and also enriched in relevant flavonoids which help prevent cancer.
- Ginger – abundant in anti-inflammatory compounds, perfect for balancing the digestive tract and enabling proper nutrient absorption.
- Honey – raw and organic honey is a multi-purpose ingredient, mainly focusing on detoxifying the body and keeping the inflammation away.
The Anti-Inflammatory Drink Recipe:
- 1/2 pineapple
- 1 lime
- 1/2 inch ginger
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of honey (pre-heated)
Mix it all well in a blender, and sip daily for best effects.
Together with the aforementioned properties, these ingredients offer many others as well. For instance, to get the maximum benefits from pineapple, always use fresh fruit instead of canned.
This is because pineapple contains lots of enzymes which get lost in the canning process. Ginger, on the other hand, is great for treating gout, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
In addition, ginger is a great help when dealing with morning stiffness and swelling.