Bacteria and viruses cause thousands of deaths annually, and antibiotics are unfortunately not as effective as needed.
On the other hand, there are numerous natural remedies that can help you prevent such issues without causing any of the adverse effects of antibiotics.
The following herbal medicines treat infections and cure lung damage:
1. Peppermint relaxes the muscles of the respiratory system, and the high menthol content improves breathing and acts as decongestant and antioxidant.
2. Sage treats sinusitis and lung disorders by inhaling its vapors.
3. Thyme treats chest congestion and destroys bacteria and viruses.
4. Eucalyptus improves the health of the respiratory system, relieves coughs, treats congestion, and soothes irritates sinuses.
5. Elecampane removes excess mucus and fights lung infections.
6. Plantain leaves relieve coughs, lung irritations, and the irritated mucous membranes treat colds and stimulate the mucus production.
7. Osha supports the health of the respiratory system and eases breathing.
8. Oregano contains powerful compounds that act as natural decongestants and histamine reducers, clear the nasal passages, and treat respiratory infections.
9. Chaparral cleans the lungs, and the numerous antioxidants prevent irritations.
10. Mullein supports lung health and eliminates excess mucus, treats inflammation in the respiratory tract, and detoxifies the bronchial tubes.
11. Licorice soothes an irritated throat, softens the mucous membranes of the throat, detoxifies them, treats bronchial spasms, and prevents lung cancer.
12. Cannabis is a powerful anti-melanoma plant, and it reduces the spreading of infections and supports the body’s natural immune response.
13. Coltsfoot treats asthma, coughs, and bronchitis symptoms.
14. Longworth Improves lung and respiratory health and stimulates the elimination of bacteria and viruses from the body.
15. Lobelia thins mucus and breaks up congestion, eases breathing, and relaxes the muscles of the respiratory system.
Additionally, despite using these powerful natural herbs to treat shortness of breath and various other respiratory tract issues, you should also consider the following tips to strengthen the health of your lungs:
- Avoid smoking, as this detrimental habit seriously damages the lungs and is the major cause of lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), which includes chronic bronchitis and emphysema;
- You should avoid or at least limit the exposure to indoor pollutants which can harm your lung health;
- Make sure you reduce the exposure to indoor pollutants that endanger your lung health;
- Start exercising regularly to keep the lungs healthy;
- Prevent infections by washing the hands regularly, getting vaccinated, taking good oral hygiene, and avoiding crowds during the flu season;
- Get regular healthcare and go on regular check-ups.