Banana bread is the favorite recipe of numerous people, and it is a delicious way to reap the countless health benefits of bananas and satisfy your sweet cravings.
They are a real superfood, and strengthen overall health in various ways, due to the high amounts of nutrients. According to Rachael Link, MS, RD:
“One medium banana (about 118 grams) contains approximately:
- 105 calories
- 27 grams carbohydrates
- 1.3 grams of protein
- 0.4 gram fat
- 3.1 grams dietary fiber
- 0.4 milligram vitamin B6 (22 percent DV)
- 10.3 milligrams vitamin C (17 percent DV)
- 0.3 milligram manganese (16 percent DV)
- 422 milligrams potassium (12 percent DV)
- 31.9 milligrams magnesium (8 percent DV)
- 23.6 micrograms folate (6 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram riboflavin (5 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram copper (5 percent DV)
- 0.8 milligram niacin (4 percent DV)
- 0.4 milligram pantothenic acid (4 percent DV)
- 26 milligrams phosphorus (3 percent DV)
Banana nutrition also contains small amounts of vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin K, calcium, iron, zinc and selenium.”
For this tasty recipe, you’ll also need a cup of white whole wheat flour that will make is incredibly moist, and you can also make a tasty icing by using a few drops of stevia or maple syrup, plain Greek yogurt and a few dashes of cinnamon. Now, here is the recipe:
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 medium brown bananas (about 12 ounces)
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or turbinado sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
You should preheat the oven to 325 Fº, and mash the bananas in a large bowl using a fork.
Then, add all the ingredients to the bowl, and stir until you get a homogenous mixture.
Then, transfer the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper, and bake the banana bread for 40-45 minutes. Then, leave it to cool, and cut it into 9 squares.
Then, just enjoy it!