The mixture of the amazing taste and countless medicinal properties of coconut milk and turmeric is also known as Golden Milk, and it has been used as a natural remedy for hundreds of years.
It originates from India and offers countless health benefits.
Turmeric is a yellow colored spice, commonly used in Asian cuisine, and it has been valued as a potent natural remedy in the Ayurvedic medicine for centuries.
It acts as a powerful antioxidant, and strengthens the immune system, fights inflammation in the body, and treats various diseases.
On the other hand, coconut milk is a rich source of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which reduce inflammation, improve digestion, boost muscle mass, and help weight loss.
Therefore, the combination of these two versatile ingredients will improve health in various ways:
- Strengthens the immune system and prevents colds and the flu
- It treats coughs, colds, and respiratory tract infections
- Prevents free radical damage
- Fights against inflammation
- Lowers blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels
- Slows down arthritis
- Activates over 160 body functions
- It improves digestion and relieves bloating and gas
- Treats sinusitis and headaches
- Provides relief from autoimmune diseases
- It improves the function of the liver and reverses liver cirrhosis and fatty liver
- Accelerates learning
- Boosts memory
- Purifies blood
- Improves mood, relaxes, and improves sleep
- Improves the reproductive health of women
- Clarifies the skin, removes fine lines and other signs of premature aging, reduces acne, lightens scars, treats eczema, liver spots, and skin eruptions
Now, here is how to prepare the Golden Milk:
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- A pinch of black pepper
Boil the ingredients in a pot, and then cover it. Leave aside for 10 minutes. You can sweeten it with honey.
Drink it three times daily, and reap all its health benefits!