An occasional gastrointestinal detox is something that all of us need. Many people enjoy eating without being aware of the potential results.
The worst part is that they do not want to accept the fact that the kind of sustenance they have been consuming and the way they have been consuming them can be related to the medical issue they are dealing with.
When it comes to some intestinal issue, the unpredictable bowel movements are said to be the main sign of this problem.
However, they are various different adverse effects that indicate inebriated gastrointestinal tract.
So, if you are experiencing some of the side effects or conditions presented below, you may consider doing a gastrointestinal detox:
- Ulcerative colitis
- Gassy stomach, flatulence or bloating
- Intestinal polyps
- Colon cancer
- Crohn’s disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
How Does Poor Intestinal Health Affect Your Overall Being?
To be able to understand how poor intestinal health is of utmost importance for your overall health, you will need to understand the functions of the intestines:
- Synthesis of vitamins
- Absorption of water, minerals, and supplements
- Formation of feces for elimination of toxins and waste products
- Protecting your body from disease-causing organisms that enter the body through your food and water
Mainly, our overall health depends on the ability of the intestinal tract to perform its functions properly. Bad dietary choices can disrupt the functions of the intestines, which in turn leads to slow bowel movements.
Irregular and compacted bowel movements make the toxins and wastes in the tract to come into contact with the intestinal walls, thus exposing them to increased risks of leaky gut and colon diseases.
The harmful bacteria are overtaking the number of beneficial bacteria, which weakens the immune system and leads to various diseases.
Bacterial, Yeast And Parasite Overgrowth
The condition that we mentioned before is called SIBO. It occurs as a result of the imbalance of the microbes in the gut. Including foods that are rich in enzymes, nutrients, and fiber can make your bowel movements complete and regular.
In this way, parasites, yeast, and bacteria will not cause problems in your system. However, if your intestines are clogged up, this will create an environment in which the harmful microbes can thrive.
How to do an Effective Gastrointestinal Cleanse
Extended Juice Fasting
Even though, juice fasting is considered as an effective and popular method to completely detox the gastrointestines, it requires a lot of determination in drinking many glasses of juices on a daily basis, which in most cases results in not eating any solid food.
A 21-28-day juice fasting is excellent for this purpose. It enables all the detox organs to rest and detoxify effectively.
In other words, the artificial food additives and the bad food choices will no longer be able to intoxicate the body. At the same time, juices will repair the damage to the cells, heal and nourish them.
Extended juice fasting is a completely safe and effective way for gastrointestinal cleanse, eliminating old wastes and encrustrations.
With Fiber Drink
There are numerous gastrointestinal cleanse “formula” claiming to flush out pounds of waste matter. Some may provide the desired results, and some may not.
So, the following one that I’m about to present, is definitely the most effective one. It provides amazing results in the case of heartburn, diabetes, high blood pressure, skin inflammation, and weight.
Gastrointestinal Cleanse Fiber Drink
When And How Long To Take
It is recommended to take drink for at least 14 days, up to 28 days maximum. Then, you should take a 3-month break. Repeat if necessary. You should drink it 10-15 minutes before meal!
- First Day : Drink 1x per day
- Second Day : Drink 2x per day
- Third Day 3 onwards: Drink 3x per day
- If this drink helps to have normal bowel movements, you can increase to take the drink up to 4x a day.
Fiber Drink Formula
In a glass of 250 ml room temperature water, add 1 teaspoon of raw honey, 1 teaspoon of good quality psyllium husk powder, and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
Stir well until the ingredients dissolve and drink immediately. After taking this drink, you should immediately drink another glass of 8 oz room temperature water, and add 1 teaspoon of raw honey and 1 teaspoon of ACV.
Don’t forget to drink plenty of water during the day!
- Apple juice vinegar: You should use apple cider vinegar. Bragg’s apple juice is said to be the best one
- Raw honey: To get the best results, always opt for manuka or raw natural honey
- Psyllium husk powder: Natural psyllium husk is easily available in almost all wellbeing food stores.
Supplements To Take During The Cleanse
- It is recommended to drink a glass of fresh juice rich in antioxidants on a daily basis
- Add a few drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and drink this a few times every day, starting from the day your detox began
- Use Food review diatomaceous earth which can provide amazing results in fighting yeast and parasites
- Take probiotics supplements or consume fermented nourishments.