Dates are among the healthiest fruits we can consume, as they have potent medicinal properties that improve health in numerous different ways.
“Dates have an excellent nutrition profile. Since they’re dried, their calorie content is higher than most fresh fruit. The calorie content of dates is similar to that of other dried fruits, such as raisins and figs.
Most of the calories in dates come from carbs. The rest are from a very small amount of protein. Despite their calories, dates contain some important vitamins and minerals in addition to a significant amount of fiber.”
A 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving provides the following nutrients:
- Calories: 277
- Carbs: 75 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Potassium: 20% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 14% of the RDI
- Copper: 18% of the RDI
- Manganese: 15% of the RDI
- Iron: 5% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 12% of the RDI
Dates are also high in antioxidants, which may contribute to many of their health benefits. Additionally, they are simply delicious and can be used as a natural sweetener.
Here are some of the numerous health benefits of these fruits:
1. Dates improve heart health and prevent atherosclerosis, which is the main cause of a heart attack;
2. They are rich in iron, 100 g of dates contain 0.9 mg of iron, so they naturally prevent anemia;
3. They cleanse the blood vessels and regulate cholesterol levels;
4. Their high potassium levels improve the function of the intestines and prevents diarrhea;
5. Dates lower the risk of stroke since they are abundant in potassium;
6. The high potassium and low sodium content of dates make them perfect for people who suffer from hypertension, as they regulate blood pressure;
7. Their consumption on a healthy stomach prevents the accumulation of fatty acid and helps weight loss;
Therefore, make sure you increase the intake of these sweet fruits and you will improve health in numerous ways!