You probably know much about the benefits provided by aloe vera gel and coconut oil, but speaking of skin problems, you sure cannot imagine how great this combination is.
Aloe vera and coconut oil are commonly added to body lotions. They are used separately, but can you guess what happens when you combine their powerful health benefits?
Aloe vera is amazing in:
- treating sunburns
- soothing irritated skin and skin allergies
- treating stretch marks, aging spots, acne and scars
- hydrating and rejuvenating skin
Coconut oil is used as:
- natural moisturizer that slows skin aging
- lotion for dry skin
- antibacterial and antifungal agent
- oil that gives skin a natural glow
To make this magical gel you need:
- 1/3 cup pure aloe vera gel, not juice
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil (solid)
- essential oil of your choice (vanilla, lavender, rose)
Combine both coconut oil and aloe veragel in a mixing bowl.
Mix the ingredients for 5-10 minutes until you get a thick and bright-colored cream. Add in a few drops of essential oil.
Transfer your cream in a glass container with a lid and keep it at room temperature.
How to use it:
Apply it onto your skin, same as you do with any body lotion. But, it is more efficient when applied after showering, because your skin is moist and the pores are open.