Some people are struggling with sleep issues, whether it happens occasionally or it is a chronic condition. The most difficult feeling is trying to fall asleep, but not being able to, especially if you have to get up early the next morning.
There are ways to fix this problem, such as sleeping pills and similar medications, but you should always prefer using substances that are strictly natural and healthy.
This is why we recommend trying a sleep spray made of magnesium and several essential oils that will promote relaxation.
It is quite simple and it won’t take much of your time. There are two ways of creating this spray and you can choose the one that is more suitable for you.
With the help of the vodka and glycerin, the essential oils will easily mix with the water. Vodka is also helpful if you are determined to use this product as a spray for the fabrics in your room.
Due to the fact that glycerin is a humectant, you can use it for your skin. Vodka can be also be used for skin treatments, but if you rub it on larger areas, it might be drying.
Ingredients and Their Characteristics
- Magnesium for Better Sleep
Epsom salts are full of magnesium, which makes them promote such a calming effect. Epsom salts are used for inflicting a good sleep and to calm the nerves.
It is essential that you get magnesium because if your system is in lack of it, it might result in sleep deprivation or insomnia.
- Vetiver Essential Oil
Vetiver essential oil provides a soothing scent that can improve the work of your nervous system. It can remove or reduce any symptoms of stress or anxiety. You can substitute numerous anxiety medications with this essential oil.
- Orange Essential Oil
The orange essential oil promotes good sleep and can be used during the day or before going to sleep. The main reasons behind insomnia are stress, anxiety, and depression.
With the help of the orange essential oil, you can reduce the signs of stress, anxiety, overthinking and depression.
- Cedarwood Essential Oil
The cedarwood essential oil is extracted from the cedarwood tree and has a nice scent that promotes relaxation. It is recommended to be used before going to bed because it will make you sleepy while bringing relief from stress and tension that you have gained throughout the day.
When you inhale the wonderful scent of the cedarwood essential oil, your body will start to release serotonin, which will help you with your sleeping.
For the makings of this spray that provides a good night sleep, you will need:
- 15 drops Orange essential oil
- 17 drops Cedarwood essential oil
- 8 drops Vetiver essential oil
- 1 tsp vodka or glycerin
- Distilled water
- 1 T Epsom salts
- 4-ounce glass spray bottle
- 1 Pot
- Mix the water and salt in a pot and boil the solution. After it boils, let it cool down for several minutes. If you are using the spray for fabrics, simply use distilled water.
- Mix the essential oil and the vodka or glycerin and put the solution in the bottle.
- The last step is to add the prepared water into the bottle and shake it. Make sure that you leave half of an inch of space in the bottle at the top.
How to use the spray
- If you are using it for your bed linen, spray your room before going to bed.
- You can also rub the spray on your skin before sleeping.
- If you are using the spray for fabrics only, make sure that you use the vodka only together with the Epsom Salt.