Stress has become part of our everyday life. We are stressed at home and yes, we are super stressed at work. How do you cope with stress? We get less sleep than usual, and our daily tasks are really exhausting and frustrating.
Chronic stress gives you anxiety, headaches, and sleep disorders. To make things worse, most of us drink tons of coffee and a pack of cigarettes. Wine maybe? Booze? Well, these nasty habits can give you additional health problems. Why don’t you trust nature and try something new?
Have you ever used lavender oil? It has a wide range of healing properties and contains over 150 active compounds. Lavender oil is a great remedy with a strong antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, and sedation effects.
“A number of studies have reported that lavender essential oil may be beneficial in a variety of health conditions, including insomnia, alopecia (hair loss), anxiety, stress, and postoperative pain,” experts at the University of Maryland Medical Center say. “Lavender is also being studied for antibacterial and antiviral properties.”
A study conducted at the University of Florida reveals that lavender oil can help in the treatment of anxiety and high pulse rates. Patients scheduled for surgery receive lavender-based aromatherapy to cope with their stress. Yes, lavender oil is that powerful.
It’s an antidepressant and great sleep aid. Lavender also keeps your hair healthy and clean. It kills lice, lice eggs, and nits. You can use it to treat hair loss and boost the growth of your hair as confirmed by a study.
Clinical studies have confirmed the following properties of lavender:
- Lavender aromatherapy increases pain tolerance in individuals of every age
- Relieves depressed mood and anxiety in women undergoing dialysis
- Olfactory administration of lavender oil reduces anxiety and increases alertness in patients
- Burn lavender incense to boost mood and provide a healthy working environment among hospital staff
- ICU patients are able to cope with stress and anxiety
The human body is designed to use lavender easily. We suggest that you try this amazing concoction, and trust us, you will love it! Lavender lemonade can relieve your headache and treat your anxiety.
Drink it regularly to relieve the following symptoms:
- Depression and/or anxiety
- High blood pressure
- Insomnia or difficulty sleeping
Lavender essential oil can give you tons of benefits:
- Antifungal – treats skin and nail infections
- Antiseptic – eliminates germs and other microorganisms
- Antibacterial – kills bacteria and inhibits bacterial growth
- Anti-inflammatory -- reduces inflammation in the body
- Antimicrobial – destroys microorganisms by blocking their growth
- Antispasmodic – relieves spasms, including muscle spasms
- Analgesic -- relieves pain
- Detoxifier – purifies blood, liver, and kidneys
Let’s make our lemonade!
It has great flavor, and the honey adds a sweet note to it. drink it cold at any point of the day.
- 1 cup of raw honey
- 12 cups of pure water
- 1 drop of lavender essential oil
- 6 lemons
- Lavender sprigs for garnish (optional)
First, peel and juice the lemons. Add the juice to the rest of the ingredients and feel free to add more honey if you like your lemonade sweet.