What is gratitude all about? Sometimes, being as busy as life forces us to be, it is difficult to sit back and think about what make you grateful. Sure, having ambitions and goals and wishes is alright, but at times we all forget how much we actually have.
That said, we also tend to act as if we are deserving of all those things, when in fact, we should be grateful to have them.
What Should We be Grateful for?
There is so much to be grateful for. Truly, we forget to be present and understand that we should always be grateful for:
- Being in a good place in your life,
- Having friends and parents who love and support you,
- Knowing how strong you are, thanks to your fails and successes,
- Relying on your senses and intuition,
- Your mistakes, who lead you to a better,
- Having a job that fulfills you, and pays the bills,
- Your enemies, who push you to do better and be better than them,
- Being healthy, and able to smile daily,
- Hanging out with your family, siblings, and cousins,
- Being exactly where you are because you are right where you need to be.
Memorable Quotes on Gratitude
1. “At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” – Albert Schweitzer
The people who love you will always have your back and mean well to you. These are the people you can rely on, who can see the best in you and who can push you to be better.
2. “Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul.” – Henry Ward Beecher
When you are grateful, you allow the universe to work in your favor, giving you all its blessings.
3. “Gratitude turns what we have into enough.” – Anonymous
It doesn’t take grand plans to feel happy. The smell of morning coffee, the charm of sunny weather and smiling on the inside day after day – it’s the simplest things in life that count.
4. “Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
Being grateful is knowing you have enough, despite working for more. Grateful individuals carry a sense of happiness greater than ambition or harshness. Being satisfied with what you have will make your life feel complete and enough.
5. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
Everything you are is thanks to your experiences, ups, and downs. So, instead of regretting some of the life choices you made, be grateful they happened at all, giving you the strength to push through life like a champion.
6. “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
It’s not enough to just say thank you but mean it as well. To the people you love, to yourself, to those who care for your wellbeing, a thank you goes a long way.
7. “Happiness cannot be traveled to owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
Happiness is not constant, but you can achieve it daily by knowing that you are enough and the things you have and do are enough, as well.
8. “Joy is the simplest form of gratitude.” – Karl Barth
Gratitude can lead you to live a fulfilled life while appreciating all you have will ignite joy in your soul and make you appreciate all your achievements.
9. “No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude.” – Alfred North Whitehead
Your timing will never be equal to others. Therefore, be grateful about where you are and know that people who love you and support you are not as easy to find.
10. “In ordinary life, we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Life goes on so fast, that we forget to take a breather and realize how lucky we are to be breathing the fresh air and being loved by those close to us. Money will come and go, but richness of the heart and soul is what being happy is about.
11. “Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind.” – Lionel Hampton
Be grateful for people who supported you, even if they don’t make part of your life now. Everyone will serve you unique experiences, shaping you to become the person you are today.
12. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
All good things come to the grateful ones. From trust to loyalty, support and appreciation, there is so much to be thankful for. Stop for a moment and observe – gratitude is just around the corner.
13. “We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.” – Cynthia Ozick
A bad day can make you forget all about gratefulness. But, one bad day doesn’t surpass one-hundred days of happiness, so don’t let this energy overcome you. It’s just a day.
14. “You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
To feel grateful, you have to be giving towards others as well. Imagine, just as someone is grateful to have you, you should do the same for them. Show your thankfulness, and it will come back to you like a boomerang.
15. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – Gilbert C. Chesterton
Turn your thoughts into a positive experience, and let gratitude reward you for your persistence. It works like a charm!
16. “Gratitude will shift you to a higher frequency, and you will attract much better things.” – Rhonda Byrne
The Law of Attraction will only serve you if you allow it to. Let go of all prejudices, stop comparing yourself to others and just think about it – there are people who would do anything to have your bad days.
17. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
Feeling sad is okay, but it should never define how truly blessed you are. Focusing on the good things will help more good things come into your life, so do it.
18. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” – Buddha
Who else if not Buddha to tell you that life’s philosophy is all about living the moment, for as we never know if we’ll be blessed to enjoy the same feeling in the days to come. One step at a time.
19. “Gratitude helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.” – Eileen Caddy
Without the negative in our lives, we would never be able to cherish all the good stuff. And trust me, there is plenty of good to look forward to, but never without welcoming all of life’s experiences as they come. It will all turn out fine in the end.
20. “Two kinds of gratitude: The sudden kind we feel for what we take; the larger kind we feel for what we give.” – Edwin Arlington Robinson
It’s not enough to be thankful after someone does something nice for us. In fact, giving your thanks on daily basis will open up the doors towards happiness in its purest form.