Used mostly for bacterial infections, antibiotics are always among the first choices of most doctors, when it comes to treating these problems.
However, even though antibiotics are recommended by many doctors, the only antibiotics you should use are the natural and safe ones.
So, one of the most effective natural antibiotics is the oil of oregano. Its effectiveness was proved by many studies which show that this oil is superior to some antibiotics and what is more it does not cause any side effects!
Unfortunately, nowadays, the antibiotics prescribed by most doctors can cause a number of side effects including, destroying beneficial gut bacteria, causing antibiotic resistance, destroying the digestive lining thus causing leaky gut, and decreasing vitamin absorption.
Every home should have a bottle of oregano oil
Derived from the flowers and leaves of wild oregano plant, Oregano oil is a powerful antimicrobial agent that is extremely effective for treating various infections.
Due to its potent antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties, the oregano oil can provide numerous uses and health benefits.
Oregano oil is rich in phenols, natural phytochemical compounds that have powerful antioxidant properties. It contains 2 compounds – thymol and carvacrol, known for their antifungal and antibacterial properties.
These two have natural antiseptic and fungicide properties that can kill many pathogens. They can also neutralize free radicals, repair and heal cells and tissue damages, and boost the immune system.
Oregano oil is powerful natural antibiotic
Oregano oil can kill the micro-organisms which are the main cause of most ailments and diseases. So, you can use this incredible oil to prevent and treat infections such as:
- Yeast infections: Bacterial vaginosis, Candida albicans.
- Parasitic infections: Giardisis, flatworms, tapeworms, ringworms.
- Urinary tract infections: E.coli, proteus, chlamydia, mycoplasma.
- Food poisoning: Salmonella, listeria, campylobacter, shigella, botulism, norovirus.
- Lung infections: Streptococcus, Haemophilus, staphylococcus, mycobacterium.
Moreover, oregano oil has the ability to treat many other conditions including colds/flu, rashes, giarda, sore throat, animal bites, arthritis, candida, and tuberculosis.
- It can treat skin conditions like acne, dandruff, and athlete’s foot
- It boosts the immune system.
- It can improve the flexibility and connection of muscles.
- Wild oregano oil can relieve joint pain and muscle ashes.
- It destroys organisms that cause skin infections.
How to use Oregano oil
- To relieve nasal congestion and lung infections, you should add 2-3 drops of oregano oil to a diffuser or vaporizer, and inhale deeply.
- To relieve a sore throat, add 2-3 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and drink it immediately.
- In order to relieve aches, backaches, and sore muscles, you should mix equal parts of oregano oil and organic olive oil and apply on the affected areas.
- When you are feeling under the weather, add 3-4 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and drink 2-3 times on a daily basis before your meals. This will significantly boost your immune system!
- Add 1 drop of oregano oil on your toothbrush with toothpaste in order to kill bacteria that cause bad breath.
- In order to treat acne, nail fungus, cold sores, shingles, or psoriasis skin condition, you should mix 1-2 drops of oregano oil to a small capful of coconut oil or Aloe Vera gel and apply on the affected areas. If you have sensitive or broken skin, you should not use oregano oil.
How to use Oregano oil for detox
You should add 3-4 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water and drink this solution 2-3 times on a daily basis, before your meals. If you experience a burning sensation in the mouth and you can’t handle it, you should lower the number of drops.
Take this solution for up to 2 weeks to kill parasites or to fight infections. Then, make a 7-day break, and if necessary, you can continue with the procedure for another 14 days. We should mention that oregano oil is so potent, so it is not recommended to be taken on a long-term basis.
Those who are suffering from Candida infections are recommended to do Oregano oil detox.