We all know how good it feels to enjoy a delicious meal before going to bed. However, you may end up with a poor sleep due to terrible heartburn, indigestion, or acid reflux
It is estimated that that 60% of the American adults will experience gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) within a 12-month period and 20-30% will experience weekly symptoms.
So, forget about the conventional medications and try to treat your digestion issues in a natural way instead.
Even though it is very important to avoid the types of foods and drinks that cause indigestion and other stomach problems, we all like to enjoy a delicious meal from time to time.
Jackson Siegelbaum Gastroenterology claims that people with GERD need to avoid these foods, drinks, and lifestyle habits:
- tobacco and nicotine products
- tight clothing and bending over after eating
- fatty or fried foods
- fast foods
- processed meats
- creamed veggies or soups
- caffeinated soft drinks
- spicy or acidic foods
- late night snacks and lying down directly after eating
- carrying extra weight (being overweight increases the likelihood of experiencing GERD)
- citrus fruits such as grapefruit, oranges, and pineapple
- large meals throughout the day (eat smaller meals for better digestion)
- chewing gum and hard candy (they can increase the amount of air swallowed, which causes belching and acid reflux)
You may think that this is a lot to avoid. However, the most important thing is how often you consume these drinks and foods.
Follow a whole foods diet, with plenty of fruits and vegetables. You can occasionally consume the foods listed above.
Moreover, we have an amazing drink for you that will alleviate your symptoms!
Drink This “Golden Milk” at Night – Amazing Results In the Morning!
It is very easy and simple to prepare this drink. You will need a few ingredients: turmeric, coconut milk, honey, and black pepper. ‘Golden Milk’ is known for its ability to improve digestion and relieve symptoms linked to acid reflux.
Each of the ingredients used in this drink offer incredible health benefits. When combined, the effects increase significantly!
Health benefits of Turmeric:
- Reduces pain and fevers
- Soothes the digestive tract and prevents ulcers
- Improves brain and heart health
- Detoxifies the liver
- Relieves arthritis
- Improves blood circulation
- Prevents cancer
Coconut milk contains healthy fat and can alleviate pain and discomfort from GERD.
Black pepper has the ability to enhance the bioavailability of turmeric and absorption of curcumin, the active compound in turmeric.
Honey contains various vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and essential amino acids that can improve digestion and relieve the burning feeling linked to acid reflux.
How to prepare this drink:
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 inch piece of sliced and fresh ginger root or one teaspoon ginger powder
- 1-quarter teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1tablespoon organic honey
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients, except the honey. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and heat until it reaches its boiling point. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Then, add the honey. Consume while the drink is warm!
If you have acid reflux, forget about the pills and the other conventional remedies. Take this drink at least 1 hour before going to bed to relieve your symptoms. In the morning, you will feel no pain and discomfort!